What does the iconic show Game of Thrones have in common with the just as iconic Harry Potter movies? Yes, both of them are set in imaginary worlds that have room for magic, dragons, and fighting evil. But in other aspects, they are so different that it seems inappropriate to even try to compare them. However, there is one more link between them: some of the actors were in the screen adaptations of both sagas.
We think that you might know some of them, but others will definitely be a surprise for you. By the way, of the 14 actors who did double duty on these two productions, one is special because he played not one, not two, but six characters in Game of Thrones! So, stick around to find out who this super talented actor is.
Other videos you might like:
22 Truths About Game of Thrones You Should Know https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cGBLo9ucPk&
What Horror Movie Actors Look Like in Real Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQUk95pNkE&
Harry Potter Characters: In the Books Vs. In the Movies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSlH-1XZho&
Jim Broadbent (Ebrose) 0:37
Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) 1:22
Sally Mortemore (An unnamed Braavosi woman) 2:02
Freddie Stroma (Dickon Tarly) 2:31
Julian Glover (The Grand Maester) 2:55
Nicholas Blane (The Spice King of Qarth) 3:18
Bronson Webb (Will) 3:38
Ralph Ineson (The Ironborn raider) 4:19
Daniel Tuite (Lothar Frey) 4:47
Edward Tudor-Pole (A ranting street preacher) 5:08
Natalia Tena (Osha) 5:40
David Bradley (Walder Frey) 6:16
Ciarán Hinds (Mance Rayder) 6:58
Ian Whyte (Dongo the Doomed) 7:27
#harrypotter #gameofthrones #cinema
Preview photo credit:
Natalia Tena in Game of Thrones (Season 3): By Capital Pictures/NFS/EAST NEWS, https://www.eastnews.ru/pictures/picture/id/29811028/i/11/t/18
HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX Film Director: YATES, DAVID Year: 2007 Stars: GLEESON, BRENDAN; TENA, NATALIA: By WARNER BROS. PICTURES/CLOSE, MURRAY/Album Online/EAST NEWS,
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Remember Ebrose? The archmaester of the Citadel. He appeared in the seventh season of Game of Thrones. While this was in 2017 and you probably still remember him, the same can’t be said about the well-intentioned but nutty Professor Horace Slughorn, who came out of retirement to teach potions at Hogwarts.
– We all know who Catelyn Stark was; the strong-willed Lady of Winterfell and the wife of Lord Eddard Stark. But do you remember seeing her in the Harry Potter movies? Michelle Fairley had a very brief appearance in the movie series as Hermione’s mother.
– The English actress Sally Mortemore appeared in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, where she played Madame Pince, the librarian of Hogwarts. In 2016 she made a cameo as an unnamed Braavosi woman in season 6 of Game of Thrones.
– Freddie Stroma played the role of a student at Hogwarts named Cormac McLaggen, who was a keeper in the Gryffindor quidditch team. In Game of Thrones, he appeared in the sixth season as Dickon Tarly, Samwell Tarly’s younger brother.
– Julian Glover was the voice of Aragog, Hagrid’s giant spider friend who lives in the Forbidden Forest. But any Game of Thrones fan would instantly recognize him as the Grand Maester who served under multiple kings.
– Nicholas Blane made a blink-and-you’ll-miss appearance in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as Bob. In Game of Thrones, he has a slightly longer role as the Spice King of Qarth.
– Bronson Webb played the role of an unnamed Slytherin student who happens to be a friend of Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. In Game of Thrones, he appeared as Will, a member of the Night’s Watch.
– In the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Daniel Tuite makes a quick appearance in a crowded hall as the “skinny ministry wizard.” In Game of Thrones, however, he has the meatier role of Walder Frey’s son Lothar Frey.
– Natalia Tena is one of the few actors who had a significant role in both the Harry Potter movies as well as Game of Thrones. In the Harry Potter movies, she played the purple-haired witch Nymphadora Tonks. She joined the Game of Thrones cast as the fearless wildling spearwife Osha.
– David Bradley played Argus Filch, the often-cruel caretaker at Hogwarts. In Game of Thrones, he got to play Walder Frey, the awful head of House Frey who betrayed the Stark family.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit: